About & Mission
CIMA Capital Partners LLC, headquartered in Miami, Florida, specializes in providing unique solutions in the areas of corporate finance, investment banking and strategic planning.
CIMA provides “hands on”, independent, transparent and personalized service to a select number of both international and domestic clients.
Through its decades of relationships and networks CIMA delivers satisfactory results to meet the most demanding circumstances.
Since inception in 2002, CIMA has arranged over $2 billion of financing.
CIMA has particular interest in companies where it can have a significant impact in helping them reach their growth potential.
CIMA can best help clients that exhibit some of the following characteristics:
- Management and owners are committed to take steps to build substantial value in their business
- Post-venture capitalized small to medium sized public and private companies in a wide variety of industries, with particular interest in distribution, healthcare, manufacturing, service, retail/consumer products and foreign trade
- Large potential markets
- Global application
We Offer International Banking Solutions
Five key lines of business: M&A Advisory, Arranging Debt Financing, Valuations, Project Finance and General Corporate Finance. CIMA arranges, with capital market participants, debt and equity solutions which may include the following:
- Asset based loans
- Accounts receivable financing
- Inventory financing
- Purchase order financing
- Trade finance
- Term loans
- Mortgage loans
- Medium/long term debt
- Bridge loans
- Private placement of medium and long term debt
- Public debt
- Private equity (for both private and public companies)
CIMA works with post-startup clients in all stages of raising debt and equity capital, from initial evaluation and structuring through closing:
- New capital for growth and expansion
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Companies revising their capital structure
CIMA works closely with clients to assure effective structuring, negotiating & implementation of:
- Company sales and divestitures
- Advice on executing acquisitions
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures and licensing agreements
- “Going private” transactions, including management buyouts and leveraged buyouts
CIMA is particularly sensitive to private company financing and investment decisions and works closely with client-designated advisors to consider tax, estate and reinvestment implications of:
- Decisions to sell or make acquisitions, recapitalize, go public or private
- Financial structuring and restructuring
- Valuations of closely held companies
CLIENT ORIENTED APPROACH
CIMA’s role as an advisor to companies provides our clients with important advantages including:
- Analytical approach to evaluating shareholder alternatives
- Ability to develop offering materials that are relevant to strategic, premium acquirers and financial investors
- Well established relationships with leading sources of senior, subordinated and trade finance debt
- Familiarity with terms and conditions of large international, publicly traded acquirers of small entrepreneurial corporations
- Experienced-based solutions for issues that arise during the transaction
- Adhere to a transaction framework that enables our clients to continue operating their business throughout the process
- Assists the client in developing a detailed operating plan consistent with management and owners long and short-term goals and objectives.
- Creates sophisticated financial models that can accurately manipulate growth and acquisition scenarios under various assumptions.
- Assists the client in preparing an information memorandum that is sent to potential investors and/or lenders
- Identifies private equity funds, strategic investors and lenders which offer the best fit for the client
- Assists in negotiating, structuring and closing transactions that will result in the optimal financing structure to meet the specific needs of the client
- Assists in the development of an exit strategy consistent with the goals of management, owners and investment partners
Meet the Management Team
- Over 25 years of experience in corporate finance and investment banking
- International focus specializing in Latin America
- Specialist in structuring and marketing government, quazi government and corporate securitizations
- Senior executive with Condev Properties where he assisted in the development and funding of a variety of real estate projects.
- Member of the strategic and financial planning group of Ryder Systems
- Served on several private company Board of Directors
- MBA from the Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania,
- BA in Economics and Business Administration from University of Miami
F. ROSS WALPOLE
- Over 30 years of international finance and investment banking experience
- Former head of capital markets and Partner Dillon Read International, London
- Former Managing Director Paine Webber International, London, responsible for all international fixed income sales and trading
- Former President of a NASD member firm specializing in small and medium sized banks and thrifts
- Director of both public and private companies
- B.Sc. in International Business from Boston University School of Business
ORLANDO G. RODRIGUEZ
- Strong professional background in sales, general management, finance, wealth management and estate planning
- Over 25 years of International Banking Experience
- Participated in the management of $2.2 billion in client assets
- Former Vice President Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- MA from Stanford University
- BA in Economics from University of Notre Dame
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese
C. JOHN WALPOLE
- Over 14 years of experience in Corporate Finance and investment banking
- Participated in the structuring of over 600 Million in debt financing transactions
- Former founder of a fully licensed Registered Investment Advisor
- Previous experience with numerous banking institutions as well as FINRA Member trading firms.
- BA from Roanoke College in Economics
- Over 35 years practicing law with particular experience in the insurance, construction, real-estate development and medical industries
- Strong professional background in dispute resolution, general management and corporate reorganization.
- Structured and managed commercial construction company
- Served as a manager and on Board of Directors of several private companies
- Former lecturer and adjunct professor, U. of Connecticut School of Law
- International experience with focus in S. America
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- D form Georgetown University Law Center
- A. from University of Michigan
MARCOS A. ESPINEL
- Over 20 years of international banking and finance experience as Founder, Chairman and President of an Ecuadorian Bank
- Former Minister of Agriculture for the Republic of Ecuador
- Former advisor to the President of Ecuador, responsible for the restructuring of Ecuadorian foreign debt
- MA in Economics from Tufts University
- MBA Babson College
- Bachelor Degree in Law at the Catholic University of Guayaquil, Ecuador
View our most recent transaction history
How we assist our clients
Engage the Client
Develop the engagement thesis around the client’s objectives and determine the viability of completing a transaction.
Meetings to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business during which time CIMA collects pertinent information that will help to present the client to the marketplace in the most appropriate manner possible.
Preperation of Marketing Material
Develop the confidential information memorandum to be shared with potential investors/banks/etc.
Establish the Financial Universe
Create the universe that will serve as the compass to navigate the market of prospective financiers.
Qualify Financiers and Conduct Management Meetings
Vet and identify serious parties from the “lookers”, coordinate meetings with management, and establish “Term Sheet” deadline.
Deal Negotiating and Closing/Post Closing
Assist the client with deal negotiations and structure, ensuring a favorable outcome (within predefined parameters); assist in post closing matters.